Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Heading to the Ground (Kdrama)



I was super late on watching this drama. It was shown last September 2009 and i downloaded it afterwards. But I got to watch it 1 year after. And to think my review is super late as well. Haha!

First of all I watched this because of U-know Yunho. He's not my most fave DBSK member, but I still wanted to support him. This drama aired in the midst of the controversy of DBSK's break-up that materialized in the end of 2009. :(

The storyline focuses on football (also known as soccer), which is a refreshing take for Korean dramas. I expected this to be a hit since first of all it will DBSK's leader on the show, and secondly it is about footbal...Korea's favorite sport. But I was worng in that aspect though. It wasn't a hit after all and was forced to take on 16 episodes (from the original 20 eps).

The ratings game has jeopardized the flow of the story. I feel bad for it because the story was actually good! Cha Bong Goon was an aspiring football player and we get to see how many hardships he had to face to get to the top in the Pros.

Yunho's acting was quite weird at first. Maybe it was the acting blues. But as time has gone by...I got used to it...or maybe Yunho did improve. I was comfortable with his acting already.

I really really hated Jang Seung Woo. Who wouldn't hate that type of character? I'm glad he had a slap on his face in the end...but still that wasn't enough. Again, the compression of the storyline ruined it. Fine.

For the two gals in Cha Bong Goon's life, I really voted for his friend...the girl he calls Oh Potato, but f course sparks flew with Go Ara's character. Oh well. It was nice to see a female agent though. Quite unusual.

I also got amused with the female fans of Cha Bong Goon. Even though they were just three gals, they reminded me of Cassies. Hahahaha!

So again...I loved the story and it was really exciting. the ending was just ruined. Sigh. But it is a great watch, especially for DBSK fans...and for those who love leader Yunho so much!

3 comments:

  1. since i also love leader-sshi i might watch this too~ pero SKKS muna :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah go for it Leng! kakabitin nga lang sa ending...but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sige ate i'll try to look for the DVD! hahaha

    ReplyDelete